The most interesting day of the week for me is always Sunday. That is my first day-off from my normal day-job, which means the first proper working day as an illustrator and surface pattern designer. So if I am able to, I like to start it early, do a bit of work and then follow the rest of my plans – which is usually more work or meeting my Sister.
I thought I’d make a series about how my Sundays look like, and the reasons for that:
* I have a really bad memory, so I’d like to have sg like a diary, but I cannot do that on paper, because I’d love to insert photos, but my printer is broken..
* Also I’d like to share useful things with you, like how to make yourself happy with a tiny thing (e.g. the joy of making a cup of coffee), places to visit (mostly in London, because I live here), what books or blogs to read etc.
This Sunday, I woke up at 4:40, had a cup of coffee and a massive mug of water too (and a slice of chocolate.. 🙂 ), and jumped straight into work. First I’ve read a couple of articles on Society6 and discovered there are backpacks available now yaaay 🙂 Here is my very first one.
And then started to write drafts for this blog. As it started to get lighter and my Boyfriend got up and left to work, I didn’t have to be quiet any more, so I put on sg to listen to (which is usually Harry Potter or the Chronicles of Narnia.. don’t judge, I love these, and because I know them so well now, it’s easy to not pay attention, so to focus on what I do, but still having sg in the background 🙂 ).
So yes, it got lighter, and I started working on a project what I need daylight for, not blogging 🙂 I have some Christmas products for my Etsy shop in mind, I started painting stickers the other day, then went to my local printer, so now it’s time to develop the ideas.
Around noon my Sister came over, we had a couple of things on our to-do-list, but we had more fun – went to one of the farmer’s markets in London. A little bit about why I love farmer’s markets:
* the main reason is that if we buy things there, we are able to avoid using tons of packaging. When I come home from the normal weekly shopping, I take out all the fruit and vegetable of the bags, and I have a huge pile of rubbish, mainly plastic. The grapes are in even two, a box and a bag as well..! I know otherwise they would get squashed, but still it annoys me, so I had to find a solution.
* on the other hand usually they are a bit more expensive – but not always, not everything, not everywhere, and most of them are far more delicious. And it makes my soul happy to know I can reuse and reuse the paperbags and my fabricbags until they get damaged.
* dogs. I don’t think I have to explain for dog-lovers, just looking at them is pure happiness, isn’t it? 🙂 and for non-dog-lovers: there are farmer’s markets where there aren’t many dogs, you just have to find the right one!
* cup of coffee. There is always a little artisan coffee stand, where you get smaller but wonderfully tasting coffee 🙂
Then we worked on our project together: creating embroideries based on my patterns. It’ a huge project but we are very enthusiastic and very patient 🙂
I also talked to my Mum and Dad on the phone, sent some emails, did a little bit of housework, had a lovely dinner (just fresh veggies and fruits from the market) and watched some Disney’s Adventures of the Gummi Bears 🙂 That was it for today, I hope you’ve had a lovely Sunday too, do let me know if you’ve done sg fun or you have any suggestions, tips for the others and me!